Sunday, August 14, 2011

Love Ya, J.P.!


“The J.P. Patches Show” debuted on KIRO/7 Feb. 10, 1958. When it went off the air in 1981, it was the longest running locally-produced kids show in the United States. Julius Pierpont Patches, played by Chris Wedes, was Mayor of the City Dump. His girlfriend, Gertrude, showed up two years later when floor manager Bob Newman answered Patches’ call off-camera. Seattle PI.com
I just learned that J.P. will retire from doing personal appearances. As a child I would get up and watch his show until it was time to head off to school. This was good, clean, educational, and super entertainment for children.
The world needs more people like him to put on clean TV for children in the morning. I will always be a Patches Pal, I still have my card. I think that someone should request that they start running reruns, maybe you just might see yourself on the show, LOL!

You are the BEST J.P!

No comments:

Post a Comment